Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunshine is almost a certified Therapy Dog


Sunshine has passed all of her tests and observations and her paperwork has been sent in. We are eagerly awaiting the mail delivery that will bring her certificate naming her a Certified Therapy Dog. Carol and I both tested and were observed with her and either will be able to work as a therapy team with Sushine. Hopefully by the end of next week we will be good to go. She has brought so much sunlight into our lives that we only hope to share this with people who really want and need this type of interaction. We are really getting antsy to get started.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Congratulations to you and Sunshine! I found your blog link on the Montana Owner's Site. What a beautiful girl she is, and how rewarding to do the therapy work. We have two whippets, and one, Sophie is my Service Dog. I have some medical issues, so my doctor and I worked together to have her help me and she has been wonderful. I try to educate people on the differences between Therapy Dog, Service Dog, and Emotinal Support Animal. Best of luck to Sunshine in her new role, and thank you for what you do! Greg

Jim and Carol said...

Thanks, Greg. Sunshine is a real winner. She won many races when she was a racer and won our hearts in a heartbeat. We look forward to sharing the love. - Jim