Monday, January 30, 2012

We discover tomorrow if we can leave Wednesday!

Sunshine goes to the vet tomorrow for her check-up. After a swelling in her snout brought an initial diagnosis as either an infection or a cancer, she was given two weeks of antibiotics followed by one week of observation. She seems great to us (of course she always does) and hopefully she gets the clean bill of health. If so, we hopefully will leave for Florida Wednesday morning. We have another couple of inches of snow on the ground with warmer weather and rain in the immediate forcast. It is 11 degrees now and we all eagerly await the warmer Florida weather. Sunshine is missing being able to run free in the campground dog park.  

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gonna stay in Michigan a while longer

Carol finally had her eye surgery yesterday and she is doing great. Had her patch taken off today and the doctor was very pleased with her recovery. Her last post-op examination is next Tuesday. She is very pleased with her recovery, too. We thought we would be leaving for Florida right after this appointment but new problems have arisen. Sunshine has a swollen jaw/mouth and we took her to the Vet a couple of days ago. It was discovered that she has either an abcess or a cancer. She is on a medication for two weeks and then a reevaluation to see what is next. We would not travel with her in this condition so we will have to wait until the end of January to see what we do next. Family comes first and she is so much a part of our family now.