Thursday, January 12, 2012
Gonna stay in Michigan a while longer
Carol finally had her eye surgery yesterday and she is doing great. Had her patch taken off today and the doctor was very pleased with her recovery. Her last post-op examination is next Tuesday. She is very pleased with her recovery, too. We thought we would be leaving for Florida right after this appointment but new problems have arisen. Sunshine has a swollen jaw/mouth and we took her to the Vet a couple of days ago. It was discovered that she has either an abcess or a cancer. She is on a medication for two weeks and then a reevaluation to see what is next. We would not travel with her in this condition so we will have to wait until the end of January to see what we do next. Family comes first and she is so much a part of our family now.
Posted by Jim and Carol at 11:32 AM