Friday, September 7, 2007

September 7, 2007 Front Royal, VA to Champion, PA






Today was moving day again. We left this morning from Front Royal, VA and drove to the Roaring Run Resort in Champion, PA. As we were leaving the park in our Montana, we saw a sign on a travel trailer with the sign "Poor Mans Montana" and a mountain logo from a Montana. We crossed from Virginia into West Virginia, then into Maryland and finally into Pennsylvania. I was using the rest room in a rest area along I-81 somewhere south of Hagerstown, MD and heard someone approach from the rear and poke my shoulder, muttering something. Men just don't talk with strangers at urinals and I wondered what was happening. It was my brother in law who, along with my sister, had pulled into the same rest area, spotted the Monty and the next thing there was a family reunion in the rest area. We were going to meet in Champion, Pa but now had someone to travel with. My sister walked up to Carol, who was sitting in the truck unaware that they were even in the same state, let alone the same rest area. A beautiful day became so much better at this time. The mountain views from the Pennsylvania Turnpike are still awesome but, after Skyline Drive the other night, seemed somewhat tamer this trip. We are going to Johnstown, PA tomorrow to research the great flood.

No comments: