Wednesday, March 5, 2008

March 5, 2008 Disney

Today was the last day of the workweek with Mickey for me. Carol and I are talking of going to Disney World tomorrow. Maybe Animal Kingdom. I also got off for next Tuesday so that we can go see the nighttime liftoff of the Space Shuttle Endeavour. It is scheduled for a 2:28AM liftoff from The Kennedy Space Center. The night launch should be spectacular. We will watch from across the water and see the bright light from the boosters both in the sky and reflecting off of the water. There is so much to see around here - something for everyone. Today, we heard of a beach on the Gulf at Sarasota with sand made from crushed stone of some kind that is actually cool on the foot, instead of the white ground sea shells that are all along the Gulf shoreline. Maybe we'll try that in a couple of weeks. I gave my notice at Disney today that I will be able to work through the end of this month. Carol and I will then have time to do some of the things we want to do and slowly wend our way home. We hope to stop at Lexington, KY, on the way home. The Kentucky Horse Park is located there and one can see a working horse farm with thoroughbred horses being trained for racing. It is supposed to be a great stop. So much to see and do and so little time to do it in.

No comments: