Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January 22, 2008 1st Day Disney

Today was my first day at Disney U. The day was spent learning the history of the organization and some intro to what we were going to be generally doing. After seeing the films and listening to the speakers, I finally know the answer to the question that I have had for many years now - What am I going to be when I grow up? The answer is that I don't have to grow up, here. If I just stay the way that I am, I can do the job that they want from me - just spread the magic around to one and all of our guests. I have never been to Disney World or Disney Land and, so, am behind a lot of my fellow newbies when it comes to knowledge of this magnificent setting. Disney World is a 47 square mile series of theme parks. I felt like a real dummy when most seemed to know all about the parks and characters. I am really looking forward to learning it, though. In two weeks, I get a gate pass that will let Carol accompany me in touring the entire area. until then, I get in with my ID card and Carol pays 1/2 price. The "bennies" of this job are really great - great discounts on a myriad of things. Tomorrow I go back to Disney U. for another training day and then again Friday to The Disney Hollywood Studios (Formerly MGM Studios) where I will be working. I will be shown around Hollywood to get to know it and also given my work schedule.

No comments: