Thursday, January 24, 2008

January 24, 2008 Disney World

Today was probably my last day of the schooling type training that I will have for a while. Got my schedule and begin on the job training Monday training at a restaurant on Sunset Blvd. I will start at a restaurant that specializes in turkey wings, then a pizza parlor and then who knows. I got my "costume" today. Since we are all "part of the show," we are referred to as cast members and our clothing is our costume. Disney Hollywood Studios is retro Hollywood, California. It is made up to look like 30s, 40s and 1950s Hollywood. My costume has me looking like a pug from that era with the appropriate hat, flowered shirt and pants. The pants or shorts are held up by suspenders. Carol will take a pic soon and it will be posted here. They really make us feel part of the show. It shows in the faces and attitudes of the other cast members. This is a very positive place with no grumbling that I have heard. My restaurants are located just down from the Tower of Terror and across the street from Beauty and the Beast. I was given a walking tour of Disney Hollywood (formerly MGM) Studios and am once again in information overload. I know that we saw a lot of very great "stuff" but it is difficult recalling where it all is. We saw Power Rangers in the streets signing autographs for and posing with children for photos taken by beaming parents. In all of the parks, there are areas where children can meet with the characters one on one. Just like the kids, I can't stop smiling. I am a positive person and it is GREAT being with all of these other positive folks. Tomorrow is Carol and Jim time. Can't wait to see what sort of trouble we can get into.

No comments: