Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January 23, 2008 Clermont, FL, Disney World


Tomorrow will be the last day before I start really working at Disney, and not just in training. I will be at the Sunset Dockside Restaurant in the Disney Hollywood Studios theme park. I took a short spin today after leaving Disney U. to see where I would report tomorrow in Hollywood/MGM Studios. I got a slight idea of how massive this system of theme parks is. It is so large and there are so many people that it is difficult understanding just how easily the crowds move right along. Walt Disney had a dream of providing the finest in family entertainment to the masses and became a master of crowd control. If one were stuck in long lines in traffic before standing in long lines for the rides and features, I don't believe that this would be a very nice experience. There are lines at the rides but, for instance, there are "fast passes" so that one can reserve a time at a particular ride, go to lunch or another venue, and then return to take the ride. The vehicle traffic is smoothly and continuously moving also. I am just in awe of what I have seen and heard about this operation, so far. Very impressive. We read about a new treatment for Osteoarthritis and Carol's doctor prescribed some of the medication. It will be mailed to her and should arrive, hopefully, by Saturday. This is a topical creme and was just released. The studies look promising. This is brand new and I pray that it gives her some relief. It was partly cloudy and mid 70s today. I believe that I could get to liking this weather. This photo was taken last night at our RV Resort. It was shot across our small lake and the moon is reflecting on the lake and the lights of other campers are on the other side of the lake.

No comments: